- Chantez et vous trouverez votre chanson -

Life isn't about finding yourself.  Life is about creating yourself.
     -George Bernard Shaw

It is only in adventure that some people succeed in knowing themselves- in finding themselves.
      -Andre Gide

Friday, March 21, 2008

Musings about Love and Life


About Love:

In my opinion, love is one of life's greatest mysteries.  Does anyone really understand it?  I feel like it's such a guessing game; there's really no rhyme or reason to it.

Even those supposed "Relationship Experts"...I don't think they have it all going on either.  I mean, they all have their theories, but really, didn't Dr. Phil abuse and cheat on his first wife multiple times?  I'm supposed to get relationship advice from him?!

That's why I think love is so interesting.  There's no rule book; you just have to go with it.  The ups and the downs, the heartbreak and the joy, the exciting days and the mundane days.

"Now I know I have a heart, because it's breaking." - the Tin Man 

About On and Off Relationships:

People don't go on again and off again because they like getting hurt over and again. 
 
Maybe it's that their feelings for one another never change, but their ability to make it work, their dedication to the relationship at that time does.  And I guess, at that point, you have to let go.  And when it's right, if it's right again, you come back together, this time with a fresh-faced admiration for one another and what you have together.

I think faith is so important...faith in your feelings, faith in the person you love, and faith that it will all end up right in the end.

Just some thoughts.  Until next time, I'll remain in New York, "a place where there are no happy endings," and wait for true love's kiss.  :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice Blog!
i really like this post
If you want to see my art

www.misesbozos.blogspot.com
Thanks!