- Chantez et vous trouverez votre chanson -

Life isn't about finding yourself.  Life is about creating yourself.
     -George Bernard Shaw

It is only in adventure that some people succeed in knowing themselves- in finding themselves.
      -Andre Gide

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Beach Waves, pt. 2



If you've read any of my previous posts, you know I love wavy, beach hair. It's just so easy and it looks soft, pretty and surfer chic, especially with my long ombre hair.

Well, I have a new favorite product that helps me pull off the look - Oribe Apres Beach Wave and Shine Spray. I got it last month in a gift bag at work (one of the perks of working in the beauty industry), and now I'm hooked.

Don't go telling everyone you know, but thanks to this product, I've put absolutely zero effort into my hair this summer. Seriously. I step out of the shower, towel dry my hair for a few minutes, spray Oribe and let it air dry. I don't even comb or brush my hair! My hair dries into loose, natural waves and has a pretty sheen (seen above!).

Now for the actual product deets: The directions on the back read, Spray on wet or dry hair. Tousle to taste and let dry in the St. Tropez air. Follow with lipstick and heels. So cheesy. But it works!

The spray has an aerosol pump so I'm able to get the product all through my hair within 10 seconds flat. It smells nice, too. I can't quite put my finger on the smell, but it's really airy. Sort of like a clean beach (duh) or a freshly cut lawn with flowers.

One caveat - I have noticed that it doesn't work as well when I let my hair air dry overnight. It's probably because I toss and turn in bed, but I've woken up with kinky ends. As the directions (sort of) state, I think it really works its best when I let my hair dry outdoors, whether I'm walking my dog on the weekends or letting my hair dry on my way to work. I'm curious to see if I'll love it as much during the fall/winter months when I won't be able to do that anymore.

It takes a lot for me to love a hair product. I get so many freebies at work, I don't like actually spending money on beauty products (especially expensive ones!). But, for the convenience and the results I'm seeing, I think I'll make an exception. Available at Space NK, $35.

No comments: