- Chantez et vous trouverez votre chanson -

Life isn't about finding yourself.  Life is about creating yourself.
     -George Bernard Shaw

It is only in adventure that some people succeed in knowing themselves- in finding themselves.
      -Andre Gide

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Baby's First Expensive Bag

I did it.  I bought my first expensive bag. (thank you New York tax return!)

It's a Kooba Lola, and it's beautiful.  

I've always been very interested in fashion, but never really able to afford (or bring myself to pay the incredible sums) for the brands I like, especially when it comes to handbags.  But, after a year of debating and mulling over brands and styles, I finally decided to buy a Kooba.

Maybe for some, Kooba bags are inexpensive, but for the Pittsburgh native, just of of college, underpaid career woman that I am, they are pricey, and definitely not an everyday purchase.

I consider Kooba an in-between luxury brand: more expensive than Coach, yet less expensive than say, Chloe (dream brand that I hope someday to afford...ahhh wishful thinking).  And, to tell you the truth, I'm not always about the labels; I don't really like Coach handbags.  They seem too prim and proper for me.  Kooba's bags, on the other hand, are slouchy, soft leather with excellent detailing,  and just my style. 

I may be hooked now.  I sort of want another Kooba bag...the Harper.  Hmm....maybe if I get this supposed tax rebate, I'll go for it.  This could get dangerous. 

I'm debuting the Lola tomorrow, and I'm pumped.  During my commute, my F train neighbors will be so jealous of me nodding off clutching my beautious cream tote.  And maybe, just maybe, I'll feel like a true, respectable and fashionable New Yorker as I strut to work in Soho.

No comments: